Teaching Sessions & Practices on BBO > Dealer Scripts

Vul NT vs nv NT opener script

(1/2) > >>

abby cj:
I am trying to set the vulnerability script for the dealer when at a practice table in BBO.  So far I have been able to 1) set the dealer 2) set the NT range..but I am unable to add in the vulnerability.  I am not a computer person at all...any advice/suggestion as to how to accomplish this is appreciated.

brian_m:

--- Quote from: abby cj on June 20, 2021, 05:04:43 PM ---I am trying to set the vulnerability script for the dealer when at a practice table in BBO.  So far I have been able to 1) set the dealer 2) set the NT range..but I am unable to add in the vulnerability.  I am not a computer person at all...any advice/suggestion as to how to accomplish this is appreciated.

--- End quote ---

I don't know how fully BBO have implemented Hans van Staveren's dealer program in their dealer scripts, so I can't guarantee this will work - but if you want to set the vulnerability in the stand-alone dealer program, the command to put in the script file is

vulnerable ??

Where ?? is one of

none
all
NS
EW

If you can't get this to work, let me know and I'll have a play with it, but it may take me a few days to find the time to do so.

abby cj:
yes..I tried that but it doesn't work..The best I can get is every other deal being vulnerable.

brian_m:

--- Quote from: abby cj on June 21, 2021, 12:57:25 AM ---yes..I tried that but it doesn't work..The best I can get is every other deal being vulnerable.

--- End quote ---

As above, it's possible they don't let the 'vulnerable' command override the usual rotation of vulnerabilities. The easy answer is to skip the deals you don't want, of course. If you want to pursue this I'd suggest writing to BBO support in the first case and asking then whether the "vulnerable" command has been implemented. They could hopefully ask one of their programmers. It's impossible to know for certain without seeing BBO's source code.

abby cj:
ok...tx :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version