Author Topic: This what happen when you refuse to set the contract  (Read 8289 times)

Offline zdedo

• Piglet
    • View Profile
This what happen when you refuse to set the contract
« on: February 12, 2018, 08:44:53 AM »
playing in friendly pick up at BBO with Micheal(rite-bid) we stretched to 4 !D opps took 2 !H!D W got the  !CA should cash it at trick 4 for -1 instead he returned a trump so I thought I could squeeze him in  !S if he started with 4 cards or more and voila MAKES  ;D

http://tinyurl.com/yaqg7f2b

Offline brian_m

• Administrator
  • Hog
    • View Profile
Re: This what happen when you refuse to set the contract
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 12:40:27 PM »
Well done for not giving up! What your opponent was doing I can't imagine, he could see  !C K sitting over him and (unless  !S were 4441) knew that his partner couldn't stop the 4th  !S trick.
Please note that the responses I give are based on my current understanding of the system, and I've checked the website if in any doubt. I didn't attend Oliver's classes until 2021-22, so if Oliver has said anything different in his lessons in earlier years, I don't know about it!

Offline RogerPfi

• Piggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:15:38 PM »
I have made a "problem format" of this hand, see the thread

http://ocp.pigpen.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1257.0

A big thank you to Walid for for including the tiny URL.

FYI - you can copy the text of ANY (BBO) tiny URL and drop it on to an open aaBridge window.

That way it will open and NOT automatically show you the Opps cards.

--
Roger

Offline OliverC

• Sifu
  • Administrator
  • Hog
    • View Profile
    • Pigpen
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 09:13:17 AM »
One thing: Don't forget that the OCP system specifies Transfer Lebensohl over Doubles of their weak 2's (whether the doubler is 2nd-in-hand or protecting). Now the bidding would start:

(2 !H) - No   - (No)   - X
(No)   - 3 !C - ??

If West doesn't come in with 3 !H, North will bid 3 !D and now his !H King is protected. If West does come in with 3 !H you're no worse off if North passes or bids 3 !S.
Oliver