FeaxSA:
1 !C - (P) - 1NT[ !S]-(2 !S)
Pass = Gamma in  !S
Double = Alpha in  !H
2NT = HOC

OliverC:
Looks right to me...

FeaxSA:
How we pushined the ops (playing 2 !S X) .... or with that scenario.... just we cant ?

brian_m:
Spiros, you have an auction of 1 !C-(p)-1NT( !S positive)-(2 !S). Is there a typo there?

If not, then how many times do you expect opponents to overcall a spade positive with a natural 2 !S? And if 2 !S is NOT natural, then opponents aren't going to play there whatever you do...?  ???

But you are right, OCP makes it very difficult to penalise opponents at a low level. I've had this argument with Oliver many times on these forums. An opponent who knows the system should interfere whenever possible to take the maximum amount of bidding room right up to the level at which they know that they can't easily be penalised.

lute57:
IMO, it is highly unlikely you would want to punish the opponent in that auction if the natural 2 !S overcall is legitimate. They are sitting OVER you. You are not sitting OVER them.

Different story if they are deliberating taking advantage of your bidding system and making the overcall with such heinous quality as xxxxx and 0 HCP - maybe the same type of opponents as Brian mentioned?

My advice is not to play against that type of individual. No one wants to play against someone who interferes just for the sake of disruption. Indeed, these are the same types of folk that would play you on-line while having a telephone connection to their partner. If that is their style of play, so be it; but I will not be regarding them as good players - and I do not think you should be forced to modify your bidding system in order to accommodate such miscreants.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version